Monday, June 22, 2009

PROPHET


Haley went to the Bishop's office today after church in search of a piece of candy. The bishop prompted her to name the current prophet, to which she responded by staring at the wall. Mortified that my daughter couldn't answer this basic question, I gave here a little nudge in the back and said, "Come on Haley, you know this!" The bishop, ever helpful, broadened the survey to include the name of any prophet, to which Haley decidedly responded by looking around nervously and staring at anything BUT the Bishop. After a few agonizingly embarrassing moments where I contemplated my worthlessness as a mother, the Bishop mercifully gave her the candy. I guess Haley can't regurgitate basic Gospel information under pressure! Every time she says the family prayer she asks Heavenly Father to bless the prophet and calls him by name, but when a piece of candy is on the line she freezes up. Where did it all go wrong??

4 comments:

Becky said...

I love Haley, she is just a little shy! I love all of your new posts!

Kent & Collette Barr said...

Latterday prophets are, number one, Joseph Smith, then Brigham Young....... sing it Haley, sing it!

Austin and Karrie said...

I saw your blog on Kami's and I'm so happy I found it! I haven't seen you guys in so long! Hope everything is going well. Haley is so cute. I miss coming over with Casey and playing with her! But now you have 3 girls! What a cute family.

Heather said...

Melina,

Did you write this my dear? If so, I'm impressed with your expanding vocabulary. :) That sweet Haley. I just can squeeze her!